VHDL Newline using write

Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hello,

Could anyone please let me know how I could insert multiple newline characters using the VHDL write(line, string) command ? That is, the equivalent of multiple \n characters as used in Verilog in $display.

I am working on Ubuntu 9.04 OS.

I tried the following but none seem to work :

1) write(line, string & LF);

2) write(line, string);
writeline(output, line);
writeline(output, some_line);

thanks,

Manoj

Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hello,

After trying many more combinations, I believe that somehow the character LF is not defned in the libraries I have.

I am using ghdl to compile, on Ubuntu 9.04.

Does anyone know how I could resolve this problem ?

thanks,

Manoj