View Assembly Cache information remotely?

tron9901

In .NET Configuration 1.1 - Assembly Cache, there's a link called "View
List of Assemblies in the Assembly Cache." I need to look at that
information on several Windows 2000 Advanced Servers.

Is there a way I can view this list remotely? Without having to
terminal into each server? Registry entry perhaps?

Better yet, is there a command line utility that would allow me to view
and/or add an assembly cache on a remote server?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

garethdjames

the short answer is no,

you can use an unmanaged library called fusion lib to create an
application to do this though

Christian Benien

Just an idea, you could remotely look at the file structure underneath
C:\Windows\assembly. Maybe even the Explorer plugin for the GAC works
over the network. I would try \\server\C$\WINDOWS\assembly

tron9901

Christian said:
Just an idea, you could remotely look at the file structure underneath
C:\Windows\assembly. Maybe even the Explorer plugin for the GAC works
over the network. I would try \\server\C$\WINDOWS\assembly

Thanks Christian! As for viewing the existing Assembly Cache components
I'm concerned with, a DIR on the folder works fine:

F:\WINNT\assembly\GAC\IBM.Data.DB2>dir
Volume in drive F is SYSTEM
Volume Serial Number is 204B-3DCE

Directory of F:\WINNT\assembly\GAC\IBM.Data.DB2

06/01/2005 08:58a <DIR> .
06/01/2005 08:58a <DIR> ..
06/01/2005 08:58a <DIR> 8.1.2.0__7c307b91aa13d208
06/01/2005 08:58a <DIR> 8.1.2.1__7c307b91aa13d208
0 File(s) 0 bytes
4 Dir(s) 6,878,289,408 bytes free

F:\WINNT\assembly\GAC\IBM.Data.DB2>