    contents of that field on the target page. I'm not having any luck with
    this. I can see the contents of every field except the hidden one. What's
    the trick?
    Ronald Schow, Jul 29, 2007

  2. Ronald Schow

    J.O. Aho Guest

    Ronald Schow wrote:
    > When I specify a hidden field on the form page, I'd like to see the
    > contents of that field on the target page. I'm not having any luck with
    > this. I can see the contents of every field except the hidden one. What's
    > the trick?

    Hidden inputs works in the same way as all other inputs, as long as you have a
    name and value, the data will be sent to the processing script.

    --- form.html ---
    <form action"nextpage.php">
    <input type="text" name="visible" value="">
    <input type="hidden" name="invisible" value="something">
    <input type="submit">
    </form>
    --- eof ---

    --- nextpage.php ---
    echo "The visible input field: ".$_REQUEST['visible']."<br>";
    echo "The hidden input field: ".$_REQUEST['invisible']."<br>";
    --- eof ---

    As you see no difference, and this applies to other script languages too.

    --

    //Aho
    J.O. Aho, Jul 29, 2007

  3. Ronald Schow wrote:
    > When I specify a hidden field on the form page, I'd like to see the
    > contents of that field on the target page. I'm not having any luck with
    > this. I can see the contents of every field except the hidden one. What's
    > the trick?

    'cuz to are keeping the URL hidden as well! Well a WAG is you are not
    giving the hidden fields a name...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Jul 29, 2007
  4. Ronald Schow

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 29 Jul 2007 16:40:29
    GMT Jonathan N. Little scribed:

    > Ronald Schow wrote:
    >> When I specify a hidden field on the form page, I'd like to see the
    >> contents of that field on the target page. I'm not having any luck
    >> with this. I can see the contents of every field except the hidden
    >> one. What's the trick?
    >>

    > 'cuz to are keeping the URL hidden as well! Well a WAG is you are not
    > giving the hidden fields a name...

    A "wag" is what a dog does when it sees a squirrel, not a url.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Jul 30, 2007
  5. Neredbojias wrote:
    > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 29 Jul 2007 16:40:29
    > GMT Jonathan N. Little scribed:
    >
    >> Ronald Schow wrote:
    >>> When I specify a hidden field on the form page, I'd like to see the
    >>> contents of that field on the target page. I'm not having any luck
    >>> with this. I can see the contents of every field except the hidden
    >>> one. What's the trick?
    >>>

    >> 'cuz to are keeping the URL hidden as well! Well a WAG is you are not
    >> giving the hidden fields a name...

    > A "wag" is what a dog does when it sees a squirrel, not a url.

    Wild Ass Guess. Some may wag but mine have lunch! Very few squirrels in
    my backyard.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Jul 30, 2007
  6. Ronald Schow

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:58:08 GMT
    Jonathan N. Little scribed:

    >>> 'cuz to are keeping the URL hidden as well! Well a WAG is you are not
    >>> giving the hidden fields a name...

    >> A "wag" is what a dog does when it sees a squirrel, not a url.
    >>

    > Wild Ass Guess. Some may wag but mine have lunch! Very few squirrels in
    > my backyard.

    How regurgitory! That's what happens when you leave civilization...

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Jul 30, 2007