Viewstate between pages

sendtobiren

Hi All,

I have a question regarding viewstate. Suppose I have two pages
Page1.aspx and Page2.aspx. If I save something in the viewstate of
Page1.aspx and want to use that thing in Page2.aspx. Is it possible
anyways?

As we know viewstate is encrypted by .net so, can we use .net to
decrypt it and use it in the next pages?

Thanks,
Biren.

Guest

View State data gets rendered when client is seeing the page. That said, If
you are seeing page1.aspx page in browser then you can try view source and
you will see encrypted data of that page.

The data goes away when you make a call to page2.aspx.

You can try using Page.Session.Add API to add your values to HTTPSessionState.