ViewState problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Jan Smazinka, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. Jan Smazinka

    Jan Smazinka Guest

    I have own WebControl which has array of containers:

    <cc1:tabcontrol id="TabControl2" runat="server"
    Text="test">
    <cc1:Tab id="Tab1" runat="server"
    text="Page1">
    <asp:TextBox id="txtTest"
    Runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
    </cc1:Tab>
    <cc1:Tab id="Tab2" runat="server"
    text="Page2">
    <asp:TextBox id="txtTest2"
    Runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
    </cc1:Tab>
    </cc1:tabcontrol></P>

    My Render function always render only one of TAB
    container. ViewState is functional and items in current
    TAB are sucessfuly displayed with values.
    But if I switch actual TAB to second (other) TAB, then I
    lose values of items.

    It is possible to say: When subControls are rendered then
    values of controls are O.K. But when render function
    skips rendering some controls then values of these control
    are lose.

    Where is problem?

    Jan
    Jan Smazinka, Nov 5, 2003