viewstate promlem on server2003/iis6

Guest

hi,

I have an ASP.NET application functioning properly on Windows 2000/iis5,
built using Visual Studio 2003.
The application use viewstate.
when move the application to other computer using server2003/iis6
the viewstate didn't work.

when I compare between the received html from Windows 2000/iis5 and
server2003/iis6
I found that while on Windows 2000/iis5 the view state is OK:

<input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE"
value="dDwxMTQxMzgyODk1O3Q8cDxsPFVuaXRJ........
....few lines........3pyR6IzagTrgW69mqWK24s1Z4O" ID="Hidden3"/>

on server2003/iis6 its look like this :

<input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE"
value="dDwxMTQxMzgyODk1Ozs+UgirENAR/yDk3H+gy/n71BSG018="
ID="Hidden3"/>

much much shorter and different!,
is anyone can help me?
thanks
amihai

Guest

thanks ken for your help,
but all i do with the viewstate is save some int variables and its work
perfect till i try it on server2003/iis6 and found that my properties (using
the viewstate) is return 0 which happens only if the viewstate is null, only
then i checked the html and found not only they different but also on
server2003/iis6
the value of the viewstate is only a few characters while it sould have been
few long lines,
so this have make me belive that i might have some wrong configoration or
others problems that do'nt care what use i do with the viewstate.