VIM editor question

David

Is anyone in the group familiar with the VIM editor? I rather like it but
any time I right click on a file and select "Edit with Vim" It opens the
file in a rather ugly default color scheme.

I'd love to know how to make it automatically open files I select in my
favorite color scheme rather than having to go into the " EDIT "pull down
menu and select my preferred Color Scheme every time I open a file.

thanks for any wisdom you can share

David KG2LI

Jerry VanBrimmer

In your vim configuration file enter:

colorscheme <name>

Example:

colorscheme elflord

Restart vim.

Jerry Van Brimmer

No! That's completely wrong.

No, it's not *completely* wrong. Yes, I should have mentioned the
bg=dark entry, but that doesn't make it *completely* wrong. you're
just showing your preference for the moria colorscheme, which is fine,
but don't say my suggestion is *completely* wrong.

Cheers & Good Day.

BartlebyScrivener

No, it's not *completely* wrong. Yes, I should have mentioned the
bg=dark entry, but that doesn't make it *completely* wrong. you're
just showing your preference for the moria colorscheme, which is fine,
but don't say my suggestion is *completely* wrong.

Er, I was kidding. Point being, it's totally customizable.

I guess I should have included a smiley face for your literal-minded
self.

rd