Visual Web Developer performance.

Stephen

I have been using web matrix, which I love, for my web development. I
downloaded vwd beta 2 and I have to say it is almost as bad as opening
VS 2003 from a performance standpoint. Don't get me wrong, I like
alot of the features but it almost brings my computer to a screeching
halt when it is opening. If I accidentally double click, say, an xml
file, I cringe because I know I have to wait for about a minute for the
damn thing to load before I can shut it down. Typically I right-click
on files to select the program to open it with. I know I can change
the file associations but that is beside the point. VWD is very slow
at loading and during use, and compared to web matrix, and is almost
painful. It really makes me not want to use it. I was wondering if
there was any way a person could make vwd "lighter" by disabling
features.

I would really like to see an updated webmatrix even if I had to pay
for it and it didn't have all the bells and whistles. Actually, it is
probably the bells and whistles that make using vwd such a pain.

Anyway, that is my $0.02.

By the way, I am running a dell P4 1.8 workstation with 768 mb ram.

Stephen

Thanks for the site! I went there immediately and posted my concerns.
Another reason I love MS products so much.

I realize it is a beta, but I have a hard time believing they will be
able to eek that much more performance out of it in the RTM unless they
allow you to turn off things like intellisense, the web server, and
such. Anyway, I don't want to sound like I am saying it is terrible,
just very slow. I might add that compared to programming in classic
asp, .net is like heaven on earth.