Exporting a template into Visual Web Developer Express?

Alex Chernavsky

I have a question about using a pre-designed template in Visual Web
Developer 2005 Express. I am collaborating with someone who has essentially
worked-out the database portion of a web project, but his "user interface"
(i.e., the actual site as viewed by visitors) is crude. He wants to make
the site look more professional and "slick". He brought me in to help him
with this portion of the project.

I have some experience in designing static websites, and I have already
developed a CSS-based template that looks like it would work well for our
purposes. However, I developed the template outside of VWD. Do I have to
"re-create" it using the tools inside VWD, or can I simply copy-and-paste
the HTML and the CSS into VWD? I really hope I can somehow get around
learning all the details of VWD -- I have no intention of using it beyond
this project. I've tried to look at some documentation for VWD, but I
haven't been able to find an answer to this specific question.

Thanks in advance.

ca8msm

You can just copy and paste it into your project (either into the page
or the Master Page). If you are using Master Pages, then it will make
it much easier as you can just place ContentPlaceHolders in the
relevant sections and this layout will be replicated throughout the
site.