visualization of tree data (with QT)?

Discussion in 'C++' started by FBergemann, Jan 23, 2004.

  1. FBergemann

    FBergemann Guest

    Hi,

    i am looking for some tool/lib, which enables to visualize tree data.
    I.e. i have objects linked together in a tree and want to visualize
    how the tree looks like, how it is changing (e.g. growing or
    morphing), which are the valid nodes for some conditions, etc.

    Currently i am playing around with QT a little bit (for other things).

    Does it have some widget, which i can assign some form, associate
    attributes (which are e.g. shown in a pop-up window when the cursor is
    above), assign connection points and link them together?
    - something like it is possible e.g. with Visio or for UML with Magic
    Draw.

    Maybe something else than QT ? (preferrable s.th. which is available
    for Linux)

    - Thanks!
    Regards!
    Frank
    FBergemann, Jan 23, 2004

  2. In article <>, FBergemann wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > i am looking for some tool/lib, which enables to visualize tree data.
    > I.e. i have objects linked together in a tree and want to visualize
    > how the tree looks like, how it is changing (e.g. growing or
    > morphing), which are the valid nodes for some conditions, etc.
    >
    > Currently i am playing around with QT a little bit (for other things).
    >
    > Does it have some widget, which i can assign some form, associate
    > attributes (which are e.g. shown in a pop-up window when the cursor is
    > above), assign connection points and link them together?
    > - something like it is possible e.g. with Visio or for UML with Magic
    > Draw.
    >
    > Maybe something else than QT ? (preferrable s.th. which is available
    > for Linux)

    Wrong newsgroup. Try comp.os.linux.development.apps or the Qt mailing lists.

    --
    Donovan Rebbechi
    http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/
    Donovan Rebbechi, Jan 23, 2004