VS 2005 Menu Navigation Question

Guest

I'm working with 2005 Beta 2 and I'm sure this is a trivial question but for
the life of me I can't figure out.

I placed a menu navigation componet on my master page and defined the
navigation url for each menu item. I then created a new page and selected my
master page.

The menu control has a booled "Selected" property. As long as I don't set a
navigation url, the menu item selected is set to true and highlighted. If I
specify a navigation url (that is also using the same master page) then it
doesn't highlight. I hope that makes sense. My question is: how can I get
each menu item when clicked to be selected with the highlight?

Here is my url if you my explaination doesn't make sense:
http://www.festivalsreview.com/reviewshome.aspx
The "Write a review" menu item is the only item I have set with a navigation
url for now.
Click on "Write a review" The selected property isn't getting set.
Click on the other links it gets set.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Guest

Well, I figured out a workaround. I'm sure it's not the right solution, but
at least it works. In each file that is using the master file I had to add
this line:
<%@ MasterType VirtualPath="~/reviewsPage.master" %>
This gave me exposure to the master's public methods.

I then could access the menu control via a public modifer by simply calling
this:
Me.Menu1.Items(item).Selected = True

If anybody has a better idea or method I would be very interested. Thanks.