VS 2005 XHTML Compliancy problem

Guest

I'm testing Visual Studio 2005 for design of pages that are XHTML 1.1 Strict
compliant and have found a few problems. Wondering if anyone can suggest a
workaround or if it is an issue Microsoft will be correcting.

First, My page <head> tag has the runat="server" attribute, and any <link>
tags within it do not render the tag as auto-closing ( <tag /> ). In my
source, I did write it as an auto-closing tag, and if I remove the
runat="server" it renders correctly.

Second, in the properties window (when I am located in the document
section), I am able to add only 1 Stylesheet, whereas I know xhtml supports
more than one. I have to manaully add any additional <link> tags for the
additional stylesheets.

Lastly, the <form> tag (when runat="server") renders a name attribute, which
is not valid in xhtml 1.1 strict. javascripting should be using the id
attribute instead.

Neither the 1st or second problems show as an error or warning in Visual
Studio's build in validator (which is set to validate xhtml 1.1 strict). But
I found them using w3.org's html validator.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Before getting too concerned, I would wait until the product is out of beta.
If there is still a problem either complain or edit the schemas yourself, or
both. For now, the best bet is registering with the VS beta site on
msdn.microsoft.com and posting the issue; this will help MS get rid of the
bug before final release.

What version of VS 2005 are you testing right now? The latest build, in
wider release anyway, is the November CTP, which was released to MSDN
subscribers.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside the box!

Guest

I am not an MSDN subscriber, but a friend is. I am using Version 8.0.40607.16
(beta1.040607-1600).

I would love to be registered as a beta tester for Visual Studio. I have
used previous version extensively, and have beta-tested a large variety of
other applications and hardware. Problem is, I'm NOT an MSDN subscriber (out
of my price range).

-Walt Zydhek

bruce barker

anyone can post VS2005 bugs. goto the newsgroups and post.

http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=whidbey&amp;slcid=us

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)