VS.NET Just Goes Away

Tina

I had a problem that when I hit build in VS.NET with my ASPX project (that
has about 144 ASPX Pages), the VS.NET program just ends! Dissappears - no
message, no error, no nothing. I posted on this forum and got advise to (1)
run repair & (2) add more memory.

I got a whole new computer with one Gig of memory, did a fresh install of
everything - it still happens - not always but often enough to be scarry.
This does not happen with any of my other smaller projects - just this big
one.

Will VS.NET not scale? Regardless of my project or size, it seems
unacceptable that it would just go away with no error message or anything.

Can someone please help?

TJS

I'm not a vs user but 144 pages is nothing.
there may be something building up in your code which is causing the
meltdown.

check your system logs

start->run->
type in "eventvwr.msc" (no quotes)

check for application errors , maybe a clue in there

Kevin Spencer

Hi Tina,

Wish I knew what the problem is, but I can tell you that we work on a very
large ASP.Net application without problems. So, it's not a scale issue. What
version of VS.Net are you using?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Ambiguity has a certain quality to it.

Kevin Spencer

Hi Tina,

I'm not sure, as I haven't experienced the problem. But try posting to the

microsoft.public.vstudio.general

newsgroup. There are more people that can help you with Visual Studio there.

It could be related to some other software installed on your machine,
especially anti-virus software. On thing you might try is disabling your
anti-virus software and see if the problem goes away. If it does, check with
the anti-virus software vendor.