vs.net Style Sheet mystery

jobs

I'm pulling my hair out.

About a month ago I started a asp.net 2.0 project and I created a
style sheet and skin file. I set the positioning of my divs, body font
and colors etc.. everything nice and worked perfectly.

Some other work got in the way, and I had not opened the project for
some time. I now open the project and everything as it was. I go to
make a few minor adjustments to the css file and none seem to take. As
a test, I change the color and size of the font and it does not take.

Curently there are fonts, sizes and colors on my masterpage that are
not being set anywhere??? not in the html, the controls, the skin file
or the css file... somehow it's like vs.net is holding on to some old
css settings????

I've closed the project and reopened it.. same result. I've completely
cleaned out my css and searched the project for the style settings ..

It's a freaken mystery.

Of course I've checked my web.config file to make sure it's pointing
to the right style:

<pages styleSheetTheme="Retailer">

and I even checked that securty is set to all for the App_Theme folder
is good.

This is so very weird. I've spent almost 2 hours on this...

It's completely unexplainable.

thanks for any help or information.