VS.Net vs. Eclipse

Sam Hwang

Hello,
I know that to compare the two entirely doesnt make sense, they really
shadow for different aspects of goals. Eclipse is proud for its
extensible architecture, and as it always claims, Eclipse aims to offer
an open platform for application development with seamless tool
integration. VS.Net has a shine history in stable supporting various
languages and now is tracing for the team collaborting capability. It
seems that they are going to different directions. In your idea, what
will the platforms learn from each other in the future?

Thomas Weidenfeller

Sam said:
In your idea, what
will the platforms learn from each other in the future?

Please take such discussions to comp.lang.java.advocacy

F'up set.

/Thomas

knvinh

Sam said:
Hello,
I know that to compare the two entirely doesnt make sense, they really
shadow for different aspects of goals. Eclipse is proud for its
extensible architecture, and as it always claims, Eclipse aims to offer
an open platform for application development with seamless tool
integration. VS.Net has a shine history in stable supporting various
languages and now is tracing for the team collaborting capability. It
seems that they are going to different directions. In your idea, what
will the platforms learn from each other in the future?
I'm using Eclipse for developing Java and VS.NET for developing C++/C#.
So, I think that the advantage of Eclipse is code completion(for me,
it's better than VS.NET, it can also correct errors in syntax and
provide hints for correction them), for VS.NET, I see that it's have
good environment to develop GUI applications (although Eclipse has
plugins to do this but I don't think they are better than WYSIWYG
environment of VS.NET).
That's my mind about the advantage and disadvantage of each platform.
What's about your idea?