    languages and now is tracing for the team collaborting capability. It
    seems that they are going to different directions. In your idea, what
    will the platforms learn from each other in the future?

    Sam Hwang, May 4, 2005

  2. Thomas Weidenfeller, May 4, 2005

  3. Sam Hwang

    knvinh Guest

    Sam Hwang wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I know that to compare the two entirely doesnt make sense, they really
    > shadow for different aspects of goals. Eclipse is proud for its
    > extensible architecture, and as it always claims, Eclipse aims to offer
    > an open platform for application development with seamless tool
    > integration. VS.Net has a shine history in stable supporting various
    > languages and now is tracing for the team collaborting capability. It
    > seems that they are going to different directions. In your idea, what
    > will the platforms learn from each other in the future?

    I'm using Eclipse for developing Java and VS.NET for developing C++/C#.
    So, I think that the advantage of Eclipse is code completion(for me,
    it's better than VS.NET, it can also correct errors in syntax and
    provide hints for correction them), for VS.NET, I see that it's have
    good environment to develop GUI applications (although Eclipse has
    plugins to do this but I don't think they are better than WYSIWYG
    environment of VS.NET).
    That's my mind about the advantage and disadvantage of each platform.
    What's about your idea?

    knvinh, May 4, 2005