VS2003 - How do I do this again?

cowznofsky

I just inherited a VS2003 application that has a solution with several
projects including a web app.
I've copied the code on a new development machine. Now I'm trying to
remember how to coordinate IIS and the web app. I've created a
virtual directory and pointed it at the folder with the web app, but
that didn't do it.

Somewhere there's directions on this, right?

John Saunders

cowznofsky said:
I just inherited a VS2003 application that has a solution with several
projects including a web app.
I've copied the code on a new development machine. Now I'm trying to
remember how to coordinate IIS and the web app. I've created a
virtual directory and pointed it at the folder with the web app, but
that didn't do it.

Somewhere there's directions on this, right?

Yeah. If I remember correctly, the directions start with "First, upgrade to
Visual Studio 2005. Then, use the Web tab of the Project Properties, set it
to use IIS, then click 'Create Virtual Directory'".

;-)

What usually worked for me back in Ancient days was to create the folder in
the file system, and give it appropriate permissions. Then, right-click the
folder and choose "Web Sharing", and share the folder. 80% of the time, that
would set the virtual directory correctly.

The other 20% of the time, I'd just have to keep fiddling with it until it
started working.