W3WP poor performance

Helge

On our server the w3wp process is "pagefaulting" all the time, but none of
the other processes (and there are some) behave that way.
Page fault delta in TaskMgr shows up to 15000 with normal refresh speed for
w3wp.exe.
Mem usage is 110MB, VM size is 90MB.

Commit charge is about 2GB, physical memory is 4GB, so it's not logical (to
me) why is has to do all this paging.
It seems to make the server perform quite poorly at times.

We're running some vb.net apps on the server. not very big ones.

Is this behaviour normal? What could be the reason for it?
Any help would be appreciated!

Helge