Waiting on Stored Procedures

Matt

We are creating an ASP.NET application where I would like to call a
SQL Server 2000 stored procedure and have the application wait until
the procedure is done to proceed. The stored procedure is performing
an INSERT statement and isn't returning a recordset. I'm looking for
any suggestions on how this could be done.

Thanks

Ravikanth[MVP]

Hi

You can use the ExecuteNonQuery which Executes a Transact-
SQL statement against the connection and returns the
number of rows affected

For UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE statements, the return
value is the number of rows affected by the command. For
all other types of statements, the return value is -1. If
a rollback occurs, the return value is also -1.

HTH
Ravikanth