    │ "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
    │ telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out
    │ how to use my telephone." --- Bjarne Stroustrup

    David Given, Jun 13, 2008

  2. David Given

    user923005 Guest

    On Jun 12, 5:05 pm, David Given <> wrote:
    > Many years ago I found an open source library that would read in a C
    > file, parse it, do type analysis and program validation, and hand the
    > caller a neatly constructed AST annotated with all the type information
    > needed to form the front end of a compiler.
    >
    > I suddenly found myself wanting this again, and now, of course, I can no
    > longer find it, or even remember what it was called. Does this seem at
    > all familiar to anyone, and if so, does anyone know where I might be
    > able to find it? (Or something similar...)

    Maybe this can help:
    http://www.google.com/search?source...,GGLJ:en&q=c ( ast OR "Abstract syntax tree")

    user923005, Jun 13, 2008

  3. David Given

    David Given Guest

    user923005 wrote:
    [...]
    > Maybe this can help:
    > http://www.google.com/search?source...,GGLJ:en&q=c ( ast OR "Abstract syntax tree")

    Yes, I do know how do use Google, thanks.

    Anyway, during the night I did suddenly remember what the library was
    called that I used to use --- ctree, now called ctool. Unfortunately it
    now seems to be in C++, but I still think I can use it.

    http://ctool.sourceforge.net/

    --
    ┌─── dg@cï½ï½—lï½ï½’k.cï½ï½ ───── http://www.cowlark.com ─────

    David Given, Jun 13, 2008