WAR task and including jspf files in jsp

Discussion in 'Java' started by harryos, Dec 3, 2008.

  1. harryos

    harryos Guest

    hi,
    I am a newbie to ANT and jsp.
    I want to include a .jspf file in my jsp page using
    <%@ include file="/WEB-INF/jspf/taglib-inc.jspf" %>

    I have this web app structure
    mywebapp
    |------------src -for .java files
    |-------------web -for jsp files
    |-------------lib -for jar files
    |------------ meta -for web.xml
    |------------jspf --for jspf files

    I want to create a war file such that the jspf files in jspf directory
    ends up in WEB-INF directory of the war file.It doesn't seem right to
    put jspf fragments in the same directory as the jsp files.

    I couldn't figure out how to do this.can someone advise?

    thanks
    harry

    harryos, Dec 3, 2008

  2. harryos <> wrote in news:777be79f-1641-44db-918d-
    :

    > hi,
    > I am a newbie to ANT and jsp.
    > I want to include a .jspf file in my jsp page using
    ><%@ include file="/WEB-INF/jspf/taglib-inc.jspf" %>
    >
    > I have this web app structure
    > mywebapp
    > |------------src -for .java files
    > |-------------web -for jsp files
    > |-------------lib -for jar files
    > |------------ meta -for web.xml
    > |------------jspf --for jspf files
    >
    > I want to create a war file such that the jspf files in jspf directory
    > ends up in WEB-INF directory of the war file.It doesn't seem right to
    > put jspf fragments in the same directory as the jsp files.
    >
    > I couldn't figure out how to do this.can someone advise?
    >
    > thanks
    > harry

    In my Netbeans-project I have simply src\WEB-INF\jspf folder, and the
    fragments there.

    Does it have to be more complex than that?

    Well. In another project, plain ant based, my war ant task contains

    <zipfileset prefix="WEB-INF/lib" dir="${lib.war.dir}" >
    <include name="**/*.jar" />
    </zipfileset>

    Could it be

    <zipfileset prefix="WEB-INF/jspf" dir="${src.jspf.dir}" >
    <include name="**/*.jspf" />
    </zipfileset>

    Donkey Hottie, Dec 3, 2008

  3. harryos

    harryos Guest

    On Dec 3, 9:50 pm, Donkey Hottie <> wrote:
    > Could it be
    >
    >         <zipfileset prefix="WEB-INF/jspf" dir="${src.jspf.dir}" >
    >             <include name="**/*.jspf" />
    >         </zipfileset>

    yes sir! many thanks!!

    >In my Netbeans-project I have simply src\WEB-INF\jspf folder, and the
    >fragments there.
    >Does it have to be more complex than that?

    actually i am going thru a text book..and it has an example doing it
    this way ,but omits the build script

    thanks again
    harry

    harryos, Dec 3, 2008