Warning: skipping non-radio button in group

Rick

After being frustrated with this issue on several occasions I think I
found the secret sauce for solving the issue after reading a few
different messages about what others thought and trying a combination
of them all.

What worked for me was the following:

1. Put a Break Point in MFC source file DLGDATA.CPP on line 338 which
is:
TRACE0("Warning: skipping non-radio button in group.\n"); (Copyright
Microsoft source code)

2. Start your application and when it stops on the break point look at
the dialog class making the DDX_Radio call.

3. Open the corresponding dialog in the resource editor and make sure
all the controls on the dialog which are not the first radio button in
a group have the 'Group' property turned off.

4. From the menu click Layout->Tab Order (Ctrl+D) and select each
control on the dialog so the tab order is as desired. Make sure you
select the radio button with the group box checked as the first one in
the sequence of that group of radio buttons and all the others
immediately after. For example if you want the radio button group to
be the fourth item in the tab order select the other three control in
the desired order then click the first radio button in the group so it
has the number 4 by it. Then click the other radio buttons in the
group, 5, 6, 7, etc. Continue to select any other controls on the
dialog until you have selected all the ones with the 'Tab stop'
property checked.

5. Now, press Ctrl+D again to see which control is the next one after
your group. In our example it would be 8 if we had four radio buttons
with tab stops of 4, 5, 6 and 7. Press ESC or Ctrl+D again to turn
off the tab stop editing.

6. Select the control which has tab stop number 8 and make sure the
'Group' property is checked. This will indicate that number 7 is the
end of the radio group.

7. Save your changes.

8. Repeat steps 2-7 until the code no longer breaks on the break
point.

You could obviously go through every dialog in your application, but
if you have more than a few you will soon get tired of checking
dialogs which may not have a problem. Best wishes.

Victor Bazarov

Rick said:
After being frustrated with this issue on several occasions I think I
found the secret sauce for [...]

Your issue has nothing to do with C++ language, and everything to do
with programming MS Windows. Please post your solutions where they
belong (comp.os.ms-windows.programmer) and where they are appreciated.
Thank you.