Watermark or Background Image

Terry Murray

Hi All:

I am trying to produce a page that will contain as its background an image
in a table that controls most of the layout for that particular page. The
effect that I am looking for is that of a watermark so that the content
contained in the table (strictly text) can still be seen clearly.
It is probably important to also point out that this table contains other
tables.

Any suggestions

Thanks in advance

Terry

Els

Terry said:
Hi All:

I am trying to produce a page that will contain as its background an image
in a table that controls most of the layout for that particular page. The
effect that I am looking for is that of a watermark so that the content
contained in the table (strictly text) can still be seen clearly.

table.picture{background-image: url(picture.jpg);}
</head>

as for the watermark effect: make the picture the way you
want it with Photoshop or the Gimp (or any program you
like), make sure it has a color that's contrasting to the
text in the table.
It is probably important to also point out that this table contains other
tables.

Only if you want more people to tell you you shouldn't use
tables for layout purposes, and that nested tables aren't
necessary for tabular data ;-)