    Any suggestions

    Thanks in advance

    Terry

    Terry Murray, Sep 17, 2003

  2. Terry Murray

    Els Guest

    Terry Murray wrote:
    > Hi All:
    >
    > I am trying to produce a page that will contain as its background an image
    > in a table that controls most of the layout for that particular page. The
    > effect that I am looking for is that of a watermark so that the content
    > contained in the table (strictly text) can still be seen clearly.

    table.picture{background-image: url(picture.jpg);}
    </head>

    as for the watermark effect: make the picture the way you
    want it with Photoshop or the Gimp (or any program you
    like), make sure it has a color that's contrasting to the
    text in the table.

    > It is probably important to also point out that this table contains other
    > tables.

    Only if you want more people to tell you you shouldn't use
    tables for layout purposes, and that nested tables aren't
    necessary for tabular data ;-)

    --
    Els

    Mente humana é como pára-quedas; funciona melhor aberta.

    Els, Sep 17, 2003