    in a stereo type of wave file

    i want to know what is this left & right info in a wave file???

    how do i read the left & right info from a .wav file to a buffer..
    vikram, May 18, 2004

  2. vikram wrote:

    > in a stereo type of wave file
    >
    > i want to know what is this left & right info in a wave file???
    >
    > how do i read the left & right info from a .wav file to a buffer..

    Even if you think it is, this is not a question
    about C++. It is a question of how a particula file
    format works.

    Unfortunately I have no idea, where you could ask such
    a question.

    --
    Karl Heinz Buchegger
    Karl Heinz Buchegger, May 18, 2004

  3. vikram wrote:
    > in a stereo type of wave file
    >
    > i want to know what is this left & right info in a wave file???
    >
    > how do i read the left & right info from a .wav file to a buffer..

    I am sorry, vikram, what's your C++ language question?
    Victor Bazarov, May 18, 2004
  4. vikram

    JKop Guest

    vikram posted:

    > in a stereo type of wave file
    >
    > i want to know what is this left & right info in a wave file???
    >
    > how do i read the left & right info from a .wav file to a buffer..

    Let me see if I have this right:

    You have a stereo wave file. A stereo wave file has two seperate channels.
    It's like two mono wave files played simultaneously, although through
    different output devices, ie. two different speakers.

    You want to split this stereo wave file into two mono wave files, either
    just in memory, or on disk.

    Well...

    First thing you need to do is read up on what way a wave file is written.
    This involves learning about the "header" of a wave file. I did this myself
    about 2 years ago with several different media files types, MP3, WAV, WMA,
    MID.

    First thing, go to www.google.com, search for

    WAVE SOUND AUDIO HEADER .WAV

    That should probably give you a good site that will describe the header of a
    wave file perfectly. It's ALOT less complicated than MP3 in anyway.

    Once you know what you're doing then, I believe there's a good bit a stuff
    in the C++ Standard Library that will help you greatly.

    -JKop
    JKop, May 18, 2004
  5. vikram

    Default User Guest

    Karl Heinz Buchegger wrote:

    > vikram wrote:
    > >
    > > in a stereo type of wave file
    > >
    > > i want to know what is this left & right info in a wave file???
    > >
    > > how do i read the left & right info from a .wav file to a buffer..

    > Even if you think it is, this is not a question
    > about C++. It is a question of how a particula file
    > format works.
    >
    > Unfortunately I have no idea, where you could ask such
    > a question.

    A good place to start looking for information on proprietary file
    formats is wotsit.org:

    http://www.wotsit.org/search.asp?page=8&s=music

    Brian Rodenborn
    Default User, May 18, 2004