    What is strange for me, that I'm using a lot of national characters with
    codes above A0h, and only few of them are problematic.

    Jarek
    Jarek, Oct 13, 2005

  2. Jarek <> wrote:

    > I'd like to validate my web application and I see that
    > validator.w3.org
    > says that some of valid characters from ISO-8859-2
    > are non SGML.

    Maybe the reason is that they are. For example, NUL is a non-SGML
    character.

    > Is this a bug in validator,

    Hardly.

    > or some charactes are in some way forbidden ?

    Yes.

    > What is strange for me, that I'm using a lot of national characters
    > with codes above A0h, and only few of them are problematic.

    They are probably not ISO-8859-2 characters at all; you have probably
    confused ISO-8859-2 with a proprietary encoding by Microsoft.

    To get more detailed help, you should post a more detailed question.
    That spells "post the URL, Luke!"

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Oct 14, 2005

  3. Jarek

    Jarek Guest

    Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

    > They are probably not ISO-8859-2 characters at all; you have probably
    > confused ISO-8859-2 with a proprietary encoding by Microsoft.

    I'm not using widoze at all, but it looks that I've found where is the
    problem: application sends valid ISO-8859-2 characters, but browser
    transode them depending on locally available font. Ie. if web server
    sends character C3h, View Source in browser it may show 84h if the font
    is Arial, C3h if font is Helvetica and probably something else if font
    will be UTF-8. Really surprising.

    > To get more detailed help, you should post a more detailed question.
    > That spells "post the URL, Luke!"

    I'm developing internal applications, available only internally, so URL
    will not help. I took html from View Source and put it to validator as text.

    Best regards
    Jarek.
    Jarek, Oct 14, 2005