WCF and endpoints setup something is not right???

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by srussell705@gmail.com, Jul 20, 2008.

  1. Guest

    ASP.NET page to WCF Service app.

    I want to make sure I get this right, because I am getting a 405 error
    Method is blocked.

    Web page has web.config points to service.
    <system.serviceModel>
    <services>
    <service behaviorConfiguration="StandardServiceBehavior"
    name="Services.Enterprise.ProductionService.ProductionShippingService">
    <host>
    <baseAddresses>
    <add baseAddress="http://localhost:7890/ProductionServices/
    ShippingService"/>
    </baseAddresses>
    </host>
    <endpoint address="" binding="customBinding"
    bindingConfiguration="StandardServiceBinding"
    contract="Services.Enterprise.ProductionService.ProductionShippingServiceContract" /

    </service>
    </services>
    <client>
    <endpoint
    name="MimeoEnterpriseServices.ProductionServiceClientEndpoint"
    address="http://localhost:7890/ProductionServices/
    ShippingService"
    binding="customBinding"
    bindingConfiguration="StandardServiceBinding"

    contract="Mimeo.Services.Enterprise.ProductionService.ProductionShippingServiceContract" /

    </client>
    <bindings>
    <customBinding>
    <binding name="StandardServiceBinding" sendTimeout="1:00:00"
    receiveTimeout="1:00:00">
    <textMessageEncoding />
    <httpTransport />
    </binding>
    </customBinding>
    </bindings>
    <behaviors>
    <serviceBehaviors>
    <behavior name="StandardServiceBehavior">
    <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="true" />
    <serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="true" httpGetUrl="/Metadata"/>
    </behavior>
    </serviceBehaviors>
    </behaviors>
    <extensions>
    <bindingElementExtensions>
    <add name="httpsViaProxyTransport"
    type="Mimeo.Common.ServiceModel.Configuration.HttpsViaProxyTransportElement,
    Mimeo.Common.ServiceModel" />
    </bindingElementExtensions>
    </extensions>
    <diagnostics performanceCounters="Off">
    <messageLogging logEntireMessage="true" logMalformedMessages="true"
    logMessagesAtServiceLevel="false" logMessagesAtTransportLevel="true" /

    </diagnostics>
    </system.serviceModel>

    WCF Servcie has Web.config ponts to Contracts project
    <system.serviceModel>
    <services>
    <service behaviorConfiguration="StandardServiceBehavior"

    name="Mimeo.Services.Enterprise.ProductionService.ProductionShippingService">
[...]

    Contracts project has app.config
    <system.serviceModel>
    <services>
    <service behaviorConfiguration="StandardServiceBehavior"
    name="Mimeo.Services.Enterprise.ProductionService.ProductionShippingService">
    <host>
    <baseAddresses>
    <add baseAddress="http://localhost:7890/ProductionServices/
    ShippingService"/>
    </baseAddresses>
    </host>
    <!-- was customBinding-->
[...]

    Contracts are where I am getting the error:
    , Jul 20, 2008

    On Jul 20, 3:47 pm, wrote:

    > Contracts are where I am getting the error:

    sorry i hit the send while looking to clean my xml.

    So my error is either this :
    An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

    Exception Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing
    connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

    Source Error:

    Line 65: public bool PostLogicorXML(String PacklistBarcode, String
    LPN, Decimal Weight)
    Line 66: {
    Line 67: return base.Channel.PostLogicorXML(PacklistBarcode, LPN,
    Weight);
    Line 68: }
    Line 69:

    or this, depends if I just do a re-try the error changes?
    The remote server returned an error: (405) Method Not Allowed.

    Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned
    an error: (405) Method Not Allowed.

    Source Error:

    Line 65: public bool PostLogicorXML(String PacklistBarcode, String
    LPN, Decimal Weight)
    Line 66: {
    Line 67: return base.Channel.PostLogicorXML(PacklistBarcode, LPN,
    Weight);
    Line 68: }
    Line 69:

    Same code, it is just confusing to me.

    Anyone have an idea or see the miss point that i fail to catch? If
    the Mimeo. is missing in the first xml, that is what i was extracting
    before sending out.

    TIA

    __Stehen
    , Jul 20, 2008

    Found that path from test harness had folder where IIS did not need
    that folder.
    , Jul 21, 2008