We would like to programmatically select Bluetooth device we are communicating with

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by Gregor, Apr 6, 2004.

  1. Gregor

    Gregor Guest

    We are looking for a solution that would allow us to integrate Bluetooth
    functions into our applications. We are using Intermec terminals running on
    Pocket PC 2003 platform. Terminals have integrated Bluetooth interface +
    drivers. We are also using three other devices upgraded with Bluetooth RS232
    adapters. We have already developed all our applications that communicate
    with those devices. The problem we are having is that we are unable to
    switch between the devices automatically. We would like to programmatically
    select the device we are communicating with. As Serial Port Profile (SPP) is
    used, the Bluetooth Manager is shown every time we open COM port and the end
    user has to manually select the device. This is unacceptable. What we need
    is some
    method (using API functions or an SDK), where we could select the device
    from our application code with no user intervention. This could be
    accomplished by either selecting which device is targeted by predefined COM
    port, or by assigning each device its own incoming and outgoing port pairs.
    We do know the Bluetooth address and service name beforehand, so no
    discovery is needed.

    Thanks Grega

    Gregor, Apr 6, 2004