    I do not know how to suppress this error despite reaidng many artcles
    on google.
    , Nov 4, 2007

  2. Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth :
    > On my UNIX Server, perl 5.8.0 in installed. When I enter command:
    > perl -X -U plbsed.pl
    > I get following error:
    > Weak references are not implemented in the version of perl at /tmp/
    > replacebinary/Getopt/LL/DLList/Node.pm line 11
    > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /tmp/replacebinary/Getopt/LL/
    > DLList/Node.pm line 11.
    > Compilation failed in require at /tmp/replacebinary/Getopt/LL/
    > DLList.pm line 11.
    >
    > I do not know how to suppress this error despite reaidng many artcles
    > on google.

    You need to install the XS version of Scalar::Util. Make sure you have a
    compiler installed, and that it is the one used to build your perl (if
    it isn't, you will need to rebuild perl with this compiler), and then
    reinstall Scalar::Util from CPAN.

    Ben
    Ben Morrow, Nov 4, 2007

    On Nov 4, 1:01 am, Ben Morrow <> wrote:
    > Quoth :
    >
    > > On my UNIX Server, perl 5.8.0 in installed. When I enter command:
    > > perl -X -U plbsed.pl
    > > I get following error:
    > > Weak references are not implemented in the version of perl at /tmp/
    > > replacebinary/Getopt/LL/DLList/Node.pm line 11
    > > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /tmp/replacebinary/Getopt/LL/
    > > DLList/Node.pm line 11.
    > > Compilation failed in require at /tmp/replacebinary/Getopt/LL/
    > > DLList.pm line 11.

    > > I do not know how to suppress this error despite reaidng many artcles
    > > on google.

    > You need to install the XS version of Scalar::Util. Make sure you have a
    > compiler installed, and that it is the one used to build your perl (if
    > it isn't, you will need to rebuild perl with this compiler), and then
    > reinstall Scalar::Util from CPAN.
    >
    > Ben

    Soory, my knowelege of Perl is so so. How does on einstall XS version
    of Scalar::Util. I had gone to CPAN and dowloaded Scalar-List-
    Utils-1.19/lib/Scalar/Util.pm.

    I ma not HP UNIX 11.11 on Itanium 64. Perl is installed as root, so I
    cannot change it. How does
    one find what compiler perl was used to compile installed version and
    how does one install XS version of Source::Util.
    , Nov 4, 2007

    On Nov 4, 7:58 am, wrote:
    > On Nov 4, 1:01 am, Ben Morrow <> wrote:
    >

    > > Quoth :

    > > > On my UNIX Server, perl 5.8.0 in installed. When I enter command:
    > > > perl -X -U plbsed.pl
    > > > I get following error:
    > > > Weak references are not implemented in the version of perl at /tmp/
    > > > replacebinary/Getopt/LL/DLList/Node.pm line 11
    > > > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /tmp/replacebinary/Getopt/LL/
    > > > DLList/Node.pm line 11.
    > > > Compilation failed in require at /tmp/replacebinary/Getopt/LL/
    > > > DLList.pm line 11.

    > > > I do not know how to suppress this error despite reaidng many artcles
    > > > on google.

    > > You need to install the XS version of Scalar::Util. Make sure you have a
    > > compiler installed, and that it is the one used to build your perl (if
    > > it isn't, you will need to rebuild perl with this compiler), and then
    > > reinstall Scalar::Util from CPAN.

    > > Ben

    > Soory, my knowelege of Perl is so so. How does on einstall XS version
    > of Scalar::Util. I had gone to CPAN and dowloaded Scalar-List-
    > Utils-1.19/lib/Scalar/Util.pm.
    >
    > I ma not HP UNIX 11.11 on Itanium 64. Perl is installed as root, so I
    > cannot change it. How does
    > one find what compiler perl was used to compile installed version and
    > how does one install XS version of Source::Util.- Hide quoted text -

    I ot past that error but I have new problems. Problem I am having is
    plbsed.pl is that plbsed refers to so many other files which refer to
    other files, so it is not clear what all othre Perl files are
    required. Is there a way to install complete set of files for plbsed
    to work.
    , Nov 4, 2007