Weather Feed and difficulties

Jake G

Hi all,
I am trying to get a current weather conditions feed working. Yahoo
provides a free feed @ http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?p=XXXXX
where XXXXX is a valid US zip code

e.g. (http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?p=43221)

The feed is documented @ http://developer.yahoo.com/weather/

This works fine. Where I run into trouble is learing how to use this
service. I have scoured the internet and all I can find is vague
advice that starts with "use something like this..." or "after some
php trickery...". I imagine what I want to do is very simple. I will
provide the zip and then I would like to display the current weather
conditions. Can anyone please help me with this?

cycloneous

You need a server side language, for example, PHP/JSP, to basically
download the feed and than using the server side language, parse the
XML file and display it.

Jake G

You need a server side language, for example, PHP/JSP, to basically
download the feed and than using the server side language, parse the
XML file and display it.

Thats what I keep reading, but no where can I find how to do this. I
would prefer to use ASP as my SS language and JS as my parser.

dave

I have code in PHP to read an xml file but again, its PHP, not ASP.

Since it looks like the feed is an XML document, you can use the AJAX
concepts to retrieve and parse the feed