Web App support with Vista?

Karl Seguin

I have it running now just fine and didn't have to do anything
special....Can't be of much more help than that though :(

Karl

brett

Karl said:
I have it running now just fine and didn't have to do anything
special....Can't be of much more help than that though :(

What steps did you take to get the web apps? I've uninstalled VS.NET
and reinstalled. Then reinstalled the web app support. Still no web
app project.

Thanks,
Brett

Karl Seguin

Well, I'm an admin also, but i still run wth User Control enabled...if you
right click on an exe and see "run as administrator" then you are running as
admin WITH UAC enabled...

you can disable it in the User Accounts in control panel...but it requires a
restart...

Karl

brett

I finally found the solution here:
http://geekswithblogs.net/ehammersley/archive/2005/11/08/59451.aspx

One of the comments:

"I've tried everything listed but nothing worked, but this did;

Install "VS80-KB915364-X86-ENU.exe" and then install
"WebApplicationProjectSetup.msi"

http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/0/8/8086c312-16b1-4e54-a4cc-...

http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/0/6/906064ce-0bd1-4328-af40-...

"

Then another comment:
"In Options I kept both paths (project templates and item templates) to

point to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates "

That was insane.
Brett