Web App support with Vista?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by brett, Dec 7, 2006.

  1. brett

    brett Guest

    brett, Dec 7, 2006

  2. brett

    Karl Seguin Guest

    I have it running now just fine and didn't have to do anything
    special....Can't be of much more help than that though :(

    Karl

    --
    http://www.openmymind.net/
    http://www.fuelindustries.com/

    Karl Seguin, Dec 7, 2006

  3. brett

    brett Guest

    Karl Seguin wrote:
    > I have it running now just fine and didn't have to do anything
    > special....Can't be of much more help than that though :(

    What steps did you take to get the web apps? I've uninstalled VS.NET
    and reinstalled. Then reinstalled the web app support. Still no web
    app project.

    Thanks,
    Brett
    brett, Dec 7, 2006
  4. brett

    Karl Seguin Guest

    If I remember correctly...after installing VS.NET 2005...I installed:
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336618.aspx

    which asked me to install the Update which I did.

    I _might_ have installed them using elevated priviledges, but I don't
    remember...don't think I did...

    Karl

    Karl Seguin, Dec 7, 2006
  5. brett

    brett Guest

    Karl Seguin wrote:
    > If I remember correctly...after installing VS.NET 2005...I installed:
    > http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336618.aspx
    >
    > which asked me to install the Update which I did.
    >
    > I _might_ have installed them using elevated priviledges, but I don't
    > remember...don't think I did...

    Same thing I did but I'm an administrator on this box. I shouldn't
    have to worry about elevated privileges right?

    Thanks,
    Brett
    brett, Dec 7, 2006
  6. brett

    Karl Seguin Guest

    Well, I'm an admin also, but i still run wth User Control enabled...if you
    right click on an exe and see "run as administrator" then you are running as
    admin WITH UAC enabled...

    you can disable it in the User Accounts in control panel...but it requires a
    restart...

    Karl

    Karl Seguin, Dec 8, 2006
  7. brett

    brett Guest

    I finally found the solution here:
    http://geekswithblogs.net/ehammersley/archive/2005/11/08/59451.aspx

    One of the comments:

    "I've tried everything listed but nothing worked, but this did;

    Install "VS80-KB915364-X86-ENU.exe" and then install
    "WebApplicationProjectSetup.msi"

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/0/8/8086c312-16b1-4e54-a4cc-...

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/0/6/906064ce-0bd1-4328-af40-...

    "

    Then another comment:
    "In Options I kept both paths (project templates and item templates) to

    point to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
    8\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates "

    That was insane.
    Brett
    brett, Dec 8, 2006