Web Application Install

Guest

Hi

I want to install a web application by a project installer of Visual Studio
2003. The problem is that when I add the primary output of my web project to
Install folder of Custoom Actions of my Installer project I can't install
that application. It generates an Unknown error of number 0x80005000. I did
the same thing for a desktop application without any error. It happens for
web application only. When I delete the primary output of my web project from
Install folder of Custoom Actions it will be OK without any error. By the
way my installer class is empty and does not do anything. I have .Net
framework 1.1 with service pack on my machine. I would appreciate if somebody
could tell me what is happening.

Regards.

Guest

Hi Reza,

Be sure to choose "Web Setup Project" and not the regular "Setup Project" in
the Visual Studio project wizard selection.

Cheers,
Steve Goodyear
Vancouver, Canada