web application

trawets

Hi
I have a little project I would like to get underway and I am
wondering which platform I should use

I would like to create a small web application which has a facility
for activating a form, this form would have a series of check boxes or/
& pick lists an area for text description and then a send/forward
button, it would send the form either in email or other medium which
could receive the data
The data from the form has to be saved at both ends or a central point
which both ends could access so I expect some type of db.
something like an order form or defect sheet which could be filled in
the sent for someone else to deal with.

Now all that's a bit sketchy I know, but I am wondering
a) is java the correct platform for this
b) does anyone know where I can get a peak at some similar type of
examples
c) how difficult is all this

The reason for C is I have had some exposure to java servlets when I
was at uni but I've slept since then and my skills (dodgy word) are at
best somewhat rusty

thanks in anticipation
trawets

David Segall

trawets said:
[...]

Have a look at <http://profectus.com.au/ee_webdevelopment.html>.

trawets

Have a look at <http://profectus.com.au/ee_webdevelopment.html>.- Hide quoted text -

Well firstly I would like to thank David for his prompt reply and
informative link, sadly for me, what you have done is to highlight
my woeful inadequacies in these fields, from the link it suggests
either the vb or java platform would fit my needs.
I know now I will have to spend some time in familiarising myself with
one of these languages.

I think I might stick with the java ide as this seems a little more
familiar to me, still if anyone has some specific examples they think
may be helpful, I am as always open to suggestion

agaim thanks for the help
trawets