Web based application development using python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Rahul, Apr 27, 2009.

  1. Rahul

    Rahul Guest

    Hello all,

    I have two questions
    1) When will be python3.1 (final) get released? (The date should be
    appropriate (proposed), it must be the span in between which there are
    chances of release)
    2) I have my web based application written using mod_python but was
    needed to know if there is better option other than mod_python to
    develop web based applications in python which can be easy to maintain
    and debug?
    a. It should be more based on framework type.
    b. It should have all the features present in mod_python.
    c. Client-server driven architecture support.

    Any help regarding will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks & Regards,

    Rahul Warhekar

    Rahul, Apr 27, 2009

  2. Rahul

    Rahul Guest

    > > 2) I have my web based application written using mod_python....
    > > a. It should be more based on framework type.
    > > b. It should have all the features present in mod_python.

    > These two goals conflict.  You'll need to use your brain to discover
    > what is best for your application.  In general "have all the features
    > of" and "but better" conflict.
    >
    > --Scott David Daniels

    hi scott,

    i am getting more specific, is there any web development framework
    better than mod python which is
    easy to maintain.

    thanks

    rahul

    Rahul, Apr 28, 2009

  3. Rahul

    Tim Hoffman Guest

    Calling mod_python a web framework is a bit of a stretch.

    if you want to work at that level though mod_wsgi is worth a look,

    on top of that you can put a range of frameworks such as
    repose, django, turbo gears etc......

    Tim Hoffman, Apr 28, 2009
  4. Rahul

    Rahul Guest

    1) Do you have any idea about web based support (like mod_python)
    provided by python.org (official web site)

    Details: - As we know mod_python is used for embeding python code into
    apache server.
    so, i want to know whether mod_python is officially supported by
    python.org or if there is
    other such framework for embeding python on web server

    Thanks,

    Rahul

    Rahul, Apr 28, 2009
  5. Rahul wrote:

    > 1) Do you have any idea about web based support (like mod_python)
    > provided by python.org (official web site)
    >
    > Details: - As we know mod_python is used for embeding python code into
    > apache server.
    > so, i want to know whether mod_python is officially supported by
    > python.org or if there is
    > other such framework for embeding python on web server

    Forget about mod_python, everything else is better.

    This list (the first result upon googling for "python web frameworks")
    is actually up to date, and a good start.

    http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks

    Just don't ask which one is best for everything, or which one is The
    Official Standard Way Of Doing Things.

    Marco Mariani, Apr 28, 2009
  6. Rahul

    Rahul Guest

    On Apr 28, 1:02 pm, Marco Mariani <> wrote:
    > Rahul wrote:
    > > 1) Do you have any idea about web based support (like mod_python)
    > > provided by python.org (official web site)

    > > Details: - As we know mod_python is used for embeding python code into
    > > apache server.
    > > so, i want to know whether mod_python is officially supported by
    > > python.org or if there is
    > > other such framework for embeding python on web server

    > Forget about mod_python, everything else is better.
    >
    > This list (the first result upon googling for "python web frameworks")
    > is actually up to date, and a good start.
    >
    > http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks
    >
    > Just don't ask which one is best for everything, or which one is The
    > Official Standard Way Of Doing Things.

    but i want to know which is the official standard recommended by
    python.

    Rahul, Apr 28, 2009
  7. Rahul

    Tim Hoffman Guest

    On Apr 28, 7:50 pm, Rahul <> wrote:
    > On Apr 28, 1:02 pm, Marco Mariani <> wrote:
    >

    > > Rahul wrote:
    > > > 1) Do you have any idea about web based support (like mod_python)
    > > > provided by python.org (official web site)

    > > > Details: - As we know mod_python is used for embeding python code into
    > > > apache server.
    > > > so, i want to know whether mod_python is officially supported by
    > > > python.org or if there is
    > > > other such framework for embeding python on web server

    > > Forget about mod_python, everything else is better.

    > > This list (the first result upon googling for "python web frameworks")
    > > is actually up to date, and a good start.

    > >http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks

    > > Just don't ask which one is best for everything, or which one is The
    > > Official Standard Way Of Doing Things.

    > but i want to know which is the official standard recommended by
    > python.

    But there isn't

    There are a number of frameworks out there each with there own set of
    strengths and weaknesses, you shoul dbe
    looking at each ones vibrancy (community), suitablility for your
    application, etc...

    Tim Hoffman, Apr 28, 2009
  8. Rahul

    Rahul Guest

    On Apr 28, 5:07 pm, Tim Hoffman <> wrote:
    > On Apr 28, 7:50 pm, Rahul <> wrote:

    > > > Forget about mod_python, everything else is better.

    > > > This list (the first result upon googling for "python web frameworks")
    > > > is actually up to date, and a good start.

    > > >http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks

    > > > Just don't ask which one is best for everything, or which one is The
    > > > Official Standard Way Of Doing Things.

    > > but i want to know which is the official standard recommended by
    > > python.

    > But there isn't
    >
    > There are a number of frameworks out there each with there own set of
    > strengths and weaknesses,  you shoul dbe
    > looking at each ones vibrancy (community), suitablility for your
    > application, etc...

    Thanks tim
    This information was really of help to me

    Rahul, Apr 28, 2009
  9. Rahul <> said :

    >> There are a number of frameworks out there each with there own set of
    >> strengths and weaknesses,  you shoul dbe
    >> looking at each ones vibrancy (community), suitablility for your
    >> application, etc...

    > Thanks tim
    > This information was really of help to me

    If you don't have any preference yet, you might want to have a look at
    web2py...

    Fred Pacquier, Apr 28, 2009
  10. Rahul

    David Lyon Guest

    On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 04:50:13 -0700 (PDT), Rahul <>
    wrote:

    > but i want to know which is the official standard recommended by
    > python.

    but there isn't one...

    All of the frameworks are slightly different and solve
    different problems.

    It is for you to work out which one suites you best...

    David Lyon, Apr 29, 2009