Web based application development using python

Rahul

Hello all,

I have two questions
1) When will be python3.1 (final) get released? (The date should be
appropriate (proposed), it must be the span in between which there are
chances of release)
2) I have my web based application written using mod_python but was
needed to know if there is better option other than mod_python to
develop web based applications in python which can be easy to maintain
and debug?
a. It should be more based on framework type.
b. It should have all the features present in mod_python.
c. Client-server driven architecture support.

Any help regarding will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Rahul Warhekar

Rahul

2) I have my web based application written using mod_python....
These two goals conflict.  You'll need to use your brain to discover
what is best for your application.  In general "have all the features
of" and "but better" conflict.

--Scott David Daniels
(e-mail address removed)

hi scott,

i am getting more specific, is there any web development framework
better than mod python which is
easy to maintain.

thanks

rahul

Tim Hoffman

Calling mod_python a web framework is a bit of a stretch.

if you want to work at that level though mod_wsgi is worth a look,

on top of that you can put a range of frameworks such as
repose, django, turbo gears etc......

Rahul

1) Do you have any idea about web based support (like mod_python)
provided by python.org (official web site)

Details: - As we know mod_python is used for embeding python code into
apache server.
so, i want to know whether mod_python is officially supported by
python.org or if there is
other such framework for embeding python on web server

Thanks,

Rahul

Marco Mariani

Rahul said:
1) Do you have any idea about web based support (like mod_python)
provided by python.org (official web site)

Details: - As we know mod_python is used for embeding python code into
apache server.
so, i want to know whether mod_python is officially supported by
python.org or if there is
other such framework for embeding python on web server

Forget about mod_python, everything else is better.

This list (the first result upon googling for "python web frameworks")
is actually up to date, and a good start.

http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks

Just don't ask which one is best for everything, or which one is The
Official Standard Way Of Doing Things.

Rahul

Forget about mod_python, everything else is better.

This list (the first result upon googling for "python web frameworks")
is actually up to date, and a good start.

http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks

Just don't ask which one is best for everything, or which one is The
Official Standard Way Of Doing Things.

but i want to know which is the official standard recommended by
python.

Tim Hoffman

but i want to know which is the official standard recommended by
python.

But there isn't

There are a number of frameworks out there each with there own set of
strengths and weaknesses, you shoul dbe
looking at each ones vibrancy (community), suitablility for your
application, etc...

Rahul

But there isn't

There are a number of frameworks out there each with there own set of
strengths and weaknesses,  you shoul dbe
looking at each ones vibrancy (community), suitablility for your
application, etc...

Thanks tim
This information was really of help to me

David Lyon

but i want to know which is the official standard recommended by
python.

but there isn't one...

All of the frameworks are slightly different and solve
different problems.

It is for you to work out which one suites you best...