Web.config / Application problem

Jim Lawton

Hello Group,

I've got a .net application (actually an httphandler) working OK on my local
machine.

I get certain values from the config file using i.e. Application["XMLFolder"].

I have now uploaded the application to a more realistic webserver location, but
Application["XMLFolder"] now returns null.

Any suggestions why this might be?

TIA

Jim

Jim Lawton

is the folder setup as a Virtual Dir Application?

It is on my local machine, not sure how it's set up on the server to which it's
installed, I'll have to check tomorrow.

Is that a possible issue?

Jim

Jim Lawton

It is on my local machine, not sure how it's set up on the server to which it's
installed, I'll have to check tomorrow.

Is that a possible issue?

Sorry, that might be an ambiguous answer. The application is set up in a virtual
folder, the physical root of which is, for argument's sake
C:\notinteresting\appdir

The XMLFolder is at C:\notinteresting\appdir\XMLFolder

(that's locally, and works fine)

Jim Lawton

is the folder setup as a Virtual Dir Application?

Sorry, panic over I think ..

if I get tehe settings directly by ConfigurationSettings.GetConfig it works
fine. Then I discovered that the Application collection has it's values loaded
in that way in Global.asax which I hadn't uploaded - maybe I should have. as you
can see, I'm a bit new to .net.

Thanks for your help.

Jim