Web.Config inheritance with Virtual Directories

djmc

Hi,

I am having problems with virtual directories and web.config inheritance. I
have read the section titled "Conflicts between settings on virtual and
physical directories" at

I have a web application running with the properties:
http://www.domain.com/
c:\domain\

In IIS I have setup a virtual directory with the properties:
http://www.domain.com/vdir/
c:\vdir\

There is a web.config at c:\domain\web.config and at c:\vdir\web.config.

When I try to access a page in the virtual directory
(http://www.domain.com/vdir/default.aspx), it will give me errors because it
is inheriting properties from the web config at c:\domain\web.config

Is this proper inheritance? How can I create a virtual directory that does
not inherit the web.config of the root web application? One of the reasons
for doing this is because the root application uses the
Microsoft.Web.Atlas.dll and none of the virtual directory applications use
this. However, when I try to access a virtual directory application, it
complains it cannot find a reference to the atlas dll.

Thanks!
-DJ