web.config

Guest

Hi,

I have a rather unusual problem.
I have a very simple ASP.NET application, basically hello world type.
I created it with Visual Studio 2003 and am running it in debug mode.
It runs fine until I put the <appSettings> section in its web.config file.
After that the application starts, the web browser opens, it connects and
then shows waiting for page to open. At this point it just sits there
forever. I cannot close the page or terminate the application. i cannot
terminate devenv(VS2003). A worker task is running (aspnet_wp), it will not
terminate either. If I open another browser window, it hags too (even trying
to open msn.com).
The only wat to continue is to force power off my machine and restart.
IIS is running on the local machine and that is where I am running VS from.

I have put a break point on the initializecomponent call, it never gets
there.

Here is the kicker, even if I delete the appSettings section, it exhibits
the same behavior. I have to use IIS Admin to remove the application
directories and recreate them.

I have used VS IDE to remove the appSettings from the web.config. I then
close VS IDE, without doing anything else. If I try to open any web page or
VS IDE, it hangs. ASPNET_WP.exe is running and cannot be killed, I noticed
another process dllhost.exe (not sure if anything to do with problem. If I
terminate dllhost.exe, within seconds it is back.

Thanks for any assistance,

Guest

Hi Again,

I need to correct something I wrote in the original post.

If I delete the appSettings section then it will work again.

Thank You