    install the new one. I noticed if I created a directory on the IIS website
    it did not get deleted.
    However, if I created a file on the IIS website it did get deleted.
    Chuck, Jun 30, 2010

  2. Hi,

    >Does a Web Deployment Project in vs10 delete the current website and then
    >install the new one. I noticed if I created a directory on the IIS

    website
    >it did not get deleted.
    >However, if I created a file on the IIS website it did get deleted.

    I think the behavior is, it checks the destination folder and compare the
    files in it with the files pending to be deployed. If there's an existing
    file in the destination folder that is not included in the pending-deploy
    files that file will be deleted. The destination folder and the folder in
    it will not be deleted, however.

    Do you have any further questions regarding this issue? Please feel free to
    ask if you have.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    .

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Jul 12, 2010

  3. Chuck

    Chuck Guest

    Web Deployment Project Directories in ASP.net

    so is that the expected behavior or is it a bug in 2010.
    Chuck, Jul 12, 2010
  4. RE: Web Deployment Project Directories in ASP.net

    Hi,

    >so is that the expected behavior or is it a bug in 2010.

    Thanks for your reply. I don't think it's a bug. This behavior is the same
    as Web Deployment project for Visual Studio 2008.

    If you have further questions please feel free to ask.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    .
    Allen Chen [MSFT], Jul 13, 2010
  5. RE: Web Deployment Project Directories in ASP.net

    Hi,

    >so is that the expected behavior or is it a bug in 2010.
    >>Thanks for your reply. I don't think it's a bug. This behavior is the

    same
    >>as Web Deployment project for Visual Studio 2008.

    Sorry I'd like to take my words back. I just did a test. In VS2008 the
    newly added folder will be deleted as well so it looks like the behavior
    has slight difference between VS2010 and VS2008. I've submitted a report.
    Please leave your comment there. Our dedicated support engineers will work
    with you for this issue.

    https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/574578/web-deplo
    yment-project-has-different-behavior-in-vs2010-and-vs2008

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    .
    Allen Chen [MSFT], Jul 13, 2010
  6. RE: Web Deployment Project Directories in ASP.net

    Hi,

    >so is that the expected behavior or is it a bug in 2010.

    Do you have further questions? Please feel free to ask if you have.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    .