Web Form Navigation

Rigs

Hi,

I'm an ASP .NET Newbie and I'm hoping some can help me with some basic web
form navigation.

I have a web form with numerous text boxes for data entry. The text boxes
also have some Compare Validators and Required Field Validators on the form
too. The web form also has an OnServerValidate attribute on the Custom
Validator too.

Error checking wise, all of the necessary checks are performed. Therefore,
when all of the proper data is entered and the user clicks the Submit
button, the form just submits to itself. The self-submitting even happens
after I added an action attribute to the form element that points to a valid
..htm page in the same folder. The button is <asp:button ...>

Can any one point me in the right direction as to how I would get the page
to perform all of the necessary validation and once all of that passes, the
have the web form submit to a new web page?

Please help in anyway you can.

Thanks,
-Rigs

John Saunders

Rigs said:
[...]

That's not how ASP.NET works in 1.0 and 1.1. The page will _always_ post
back to itself. That's what allows you to use object-oriented methods to
access the controls on the page.

What people normally do is a Response.Redirect or Server.Transfer in the
Click event for the submit button to get to the new page.