Web form sequencing questions - vb.net & tab order

Tom Houston via .NET 247

I have built vb.net application that runs on my SBS2003 thatconsists of 20 plus form and menus. I am having problems with aweb form using textboxes. There are also three buttons,back/exit/save. The client has requested that the user be ableto use the enter key to progress from field to field. I haveset up the tab sequencing and the tab key works. I tried ascript to set the focus to the next field in each textbox'smethod, but when an enter is hit, the back button is actuated. I have tried to keep the buttons from being in the tab order bysetting the tabindex to -1, but the buttons still stay in thetab order sequence. There is no tab stop method on a webcontrol from what I see. It seems that no matter what I do theback button always stays in the tab order and is "highlighted"so an enter triggers it. I thought of doing a dummy button andsomehow have it respond to the enter instead, but haven'tfigured a way to do it.

Can this be done (progress via enter)? Can I make the buttons sothat they are only accessable from a mouse click and not from akeyboard tab?

I appreciate any help that can be given. I've been programmingfor 35 years but this is pushing me to my wits end.