Web Mail client(IMAP)

kapila Wijethilaka

Can anybody give me details ,codes and urls for developing a web
based(Asp.net c#) mail client who uses IMAP4 protocoll to retrieve mails
from Exchange server.

thanks
-Kapila

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu

Wayne M J

kapila Wijethilaka said:
Can anybody give me details ,codes and urls for developing a web
based(Asp.net c#) mail client who uses IMAP4 protocoll to retrieve mails
from Exchange server.

Have a look at the RFCs.

But for a start, look at the SMTP and POP3 commands summary and classes
available, it will give you a running start.

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu

Wayne M J said:
Have a look at the RFCs.

Hah! Thats a funny one. You have no idea what you've just implicated him in.

Not only is IMAP quite a large RFC, but its one of the WORST written ones
which has lead to conflicting implementations. Implementing IMAP that
actually works is a very bad nightmware.
But for a start, look at the SMTP and POP3 commands summary and classes
available, it will give you a running start.

Not even close. :) Thats like saying look at you 2 year old chicken scratch,
it will give you a head start on reading chinese.

And experienced user might write partial functionality for SMTP or POP3. The
base parts of these protocols are simpmle. But I would not recommend even an
advanced user tackle IMAP...