    from Exchange server.

    thanks
    -Kapila
    kapila Wijethilaka, Feb 16, 2004

  2. "kapila Wijethilaka" <> wrote in news:#Od9XjF9DHA.632
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:
    > Can anybody give me details ,codes and urls for developing a web
    > based(Asp.net c#) mail client who uses IMAP4 protocoll to retrieve mails
    > from Exchange server.

    ..Net does not have support for IMAP. You can use Indy though, it has support
    for IMAP.

    http://wwww.indyproject.org/

    Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu, Feb 16, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?c29yc29nb24=?=, Feb 16, 2004
  4. kapila Wijethilaka

    Wayne M J Guest

    "kapila Wijethilaka" <> wrote in message
    > Can anybody give me details ,codes and urls for developing a web
    > based(Asp.net c#) mail client who uses IMAP4 protocoll to retrieve mails
    > from Exchange server.

    Have a look at the RFCs.

    But for a start, look at the SMTP and POP3 commands summary and classes
    available, it will give you a running start.
    Wayne M J, Feb 17, 2004
  5. "Wayne M J" <> wrote in news:#LuEjQR9DHA.4060
    @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:
    > Have a look at the RFCs.

    Hah! Thats a funny one. You have no idea what you've just implicated him in.

    Not only is IMAP quite a large RFC, but its one of the WORST written ones
    which has lead to conflicting implementations. Implementing IMAP that
    actually works is a very bad nightmware.

    > But for a start, look at the SMTP and POP3 commands summary and classes
    > available, it will give you a running start.

    Not even close. :) Thats like saying look at you 2 year old chicken scratch,
    it will give you a head start on reading chinese.

    And experienced user might write partial functionality for SMTP or POP3. The
    base parts of these protocols are simpmle. But I would not recommend even an
    advanced user tackle IMAP...

    Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu, Feb 17, 2004
  6. kapila Wijethilaka

    Guest