Web.Mail sending only part of my message

tshad

I have been sending messages to myself from work that worked before and now
all of my message only seem to be sending part of my messages.

I get the first part of the message and then get something like:

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C5C9FF.A49A5B70--

And that is it.

What causes this?

Thanks,

Tom

tshad

Patirck Ige said:
Tom i reckon you visit it should guide you :-
http://www.systemwebmail.com

I think it does.

It mentions that you can only have 1000 characters per line and when I look
at my view source, it is about 4000 characters.

But this is created in Dreamweaver, and I am not creating lines that long,
it is just making one big line out of my html file.

How do I tell it not to do that (or can I)?

If I can't, how do I email any html pages? Obviously, other people do and I
assume they are using DW (or programs like that) to build their pages.

Thanks,

Tom

tshad

Juan T. Llibre said:
re:

Line breaks ?

How do I put line breaks in?

In DW, it doesn't show as a continuous line. It is all nice and formatted
and indented.

Somewhere it must be getting stripped, but not all the lines are stripped -
which is curious.

I look at a page and it might normally be a couple hundred lines that are
showing up as 7 lines.

In DW, I have this:

in viewsource of the email, I have this:

(But not always)

Tom

tshad

tshad said:
How do I put line breaks in?

In DW, it doesn't show as a continuous line. It is all nice and formatted
and indented.

Somewhere it must be getting stripped, but not all the lines are
stripped - which is curious.

I look at a page and it might normally be a couple hundred lines that are
showing up as 7 lines.

In DW, I have this:

in viewsource of the email, I have this:

(But not always)

I think I figured it out.

In my code, to send it out I read it in - make a couple of changes to the
template (such as Title, Salutation etc) and then send it.

I just realized I am doing the following:

objStreamReader =
File.OpenText(MapPath("\automail\new_account_automail.htm"))
strInput = objStreamReader.ReadLine()
while strInput <> nothing
strBuffer = strBuffer & strInput
strInput = objStreamReader.ReadLine()
end while
objStreamReader.Close

The ReadLine (if I am not mistaken), reads UP TO the line break and doesn't
read it in.

So it is bring stripped, in essence. Not sure why a couple of lines have
breaks in them.

But I assume that is the problem.

Tom

tshad

tshad said:
I think I figured it out.

In my code, to send it out I read it in - make a couple of changes to the
template (such as Title, Salutation etc) and then send it.

I just realized I am doing the following:

objStreamReader =
File.OpenText(MapPath("\automail\new_account_automail.htm"))
strInput = objStreamReader.ReadLine()
while strInput <> nothing
strBuffer = strBuffer & strInput
strInput = objStreamReader.ReadLine()
end while
objStreamReader.Close

The ReadLine (if I am not mistaken), reads UP TO the line break and
doesn't read it in.

So it is bring stripped, in essence. Not sure why a couple of lines have
breaks in them.

But I assume that is the problem.

That seems to have been it.

I just replace the readline loop with ReadToEnd and now it works fine.

The interesting thing is that when I look on Yahoo mail, it replaced my
"<base href="http://www.company.com/"> (which is how it finds the graphics)
with <x>.

Not sure why it did that, but it seemed to work OK.

Tom

Juan T. Llibre

re:
That seems to have been it.
I just replace the readline loop with ReadToEnd and now it works fine.
Great!

Juan
====