web page dialog

Guest

how does one create a web page dialog? I was astonished to find in Hotmail when you empty your junkmail box in hotmail that a explorer window pops up and emulates as a dialog window but with a custom web page in it. It confirms that are you sure that you want to empty your junk-mail inbox. on the window title bar it says "Hotmail - Web Page Dialog". it even behaves like a dialog not letting you to go back to the original explorer window until ou click something in the dialog box.

so I was wondering how does one create a web dialog box, is it a new javascript function besides the simple dialogs that generate windows message box?

thanks...