Web Reporting using Crystal Reports 10

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by samik_tanik, Aug 30, 2004.

  1. samik_tanik

    samik_tanik Guest

    I want to use the Crystal Report to display and allow the clients to create
    the .rpt files in the browser at runtime and allow them to drill down and use
    cross-tabs.
    To check out the possibilities I have downloaded the evaluation versions of
    Crystal Report 10 (CR10AdvDevEn.exe) and CE 10 (CE10EN.exe from
    http://www.businessobjects.com/prod...rprise/eval/datasave.asp?activity_type_id=673).
    To acheive this purpose I read I need the RAS Server and RAS SDK which comes
    with CE 10, but I am not getting the SDK with the evaluation version. Am I
    correct? Please ensure me whether I have downloaded the correct version.
    There are few examples of asp are given but whenever I try to run them I am
    getting the following error:
    "clientdoc.dll (0x80041015)
    Failed to connect to server "SERVERNAME". Error returned from Windows
    Sockets API : 0.
    "
    I need to test the integration.
    Please suggest me a solution as soon as possible.
    I am badly stuck.

    Thanks for the help,
    Regards,
    Samik.
    samik_tanik, Aug 30, 2004

  2. samik_tanik

    Mark Schupp Guest

    Have you downloaded the ASP sample files from

    http://www.businessobjects.com/products/dev_zone/comasp/downloads.asp?ref=devzone_comaspzone_nav

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development