Web Service Calling Windows Service

webmills

I have some core code that I would like to run as a Windows Service.

I have a Web Service that I would like to be able to call a number of public
functions of the Windows Service.

Is this possible? If so, could someone please point me in the appropriate
direction.

Thanks

James

Josh Twist

You need to work out how you're going to communicate with the windows
service. When you say it has 'public functions' how are these exposed
to other processes?

Typically a service listens on a port for incoming messages or picks
messages up off a queue (such as MSMQ).

Once you know how you need to communicate with the service then your
questions will be answered!

Josh
http://www.thejoyofcode.com/

tommaso.gastaldi

Hi webmills ,

actually I don't see any problem. You just call them the usual
way (as in a winform app or asp apps).

What is the specific problem you are worried about ?

Tommaso