    direction.

    Thanks

    James
    webmills, Aug 16, 2006

  2. webmills

    Josh Twist Guest

    You need to work out how you're going to communicate with the windows
    service. When you say it has 'public functions' how are these exposed
    to other processes?

    Typically a service listens on a port for incoming messages or picks
    messages up off a queue (such as MSMQ).

    Once you know how you need to communicate with the service then your
    questions will be answered!

    Josh
    http://www.thejoyofcode.com/

    Josh Twist, Aug 17, 2006

  3. webmills

    Guest

    Hi webmills ,

    actually I don't see any problem. You just call them the usual
    way (as in a winform app or asp apps).

    What is the specific problem you are worried about ?

    Tommaso

    webmills ha scritto:

    > I have some core code that I would like to run as a Windows Service.
    >
    > I have a Web Service that I would like to be able to call a number of public
    > functions of the Windows Service.
    >
    > Is this possible? If so, could someone please point me in the appropriate
    > direction.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > James
    , Aug 21, 2006