Web Service Concurrency

Chris Amaru

When calling a method of a web service, will multiple calls from different
clients execute concurrently automagically, or do you need to explicitly
code threads into the web service?

For example, for a web service that simply waits for 30 seconds and then
returns, which of the following will happen (this assumes each call is
synchronous):

Case A:

Client A ----> Web Service (Time 0:00)
Client B ----> Web Service (Time 0:15)
Client A <---- Web Service (Time 0:30)
Client B <---- Web Service (Time 0:45)

Case B:

Client A ----> Web Service (Time 0:00)
Client B ----> Web Service (Time 0:15)
Client A <---- Web Service (Time 0:30)
Client B <---- Web Service (Time 0:60)

Ultimately, I am asking whether web service requests queue until the active
request finishes, or if the execute concurrently.

Any help would be aprrciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Tu-Thach

Chris
Web service calls should, by default, execute concurrently. If client A and B make the calls at the same time to the same Web service, then two calls will execute concurrently and not queued

Tu-Thac

----- Chris Amaru wrote: ----

[...]

Thanks for the answer to my question. Do you have any good links to any
documentation (MS or otherwise) about web service concurrency?

Thanks,

Chris