Web Services and live Object

Araxes Tharsis

I have a Java 2 SE application (lets call it TS), that is always running,
and connects to a mainframe (using IBM Host On-Demand). Now, I want to
expose its functionalities as Web Services (to be consumed by .NET clients).
The problem is that all the examples I have seen on the WS client
instantiates an object to use it... I don't want to instantiate it, I must
use TS that is already running.

My only thought is that the WS client can connect to a WS that uses RMI to
connect to TS, but that adds unexpected overhead.

Any thought appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Araxes Tharsis

Hugo Pragt

Well, since ANY thought is appriciated....
As long as you run your WS in the save JVM as TS, you won't have to RMI...
I hope TS is running in an appserver so that you can hot-deploy?

Hugo