web services deployment options

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by WS_New, Sep 22, 2003.

  1. WS_New

    WS_New Guest

    hello experts,

    i am developing a windows application that uses web
    services contained in a xml web service project in another
    solution (to be in another machine later on).
    (WS= Web Service)
    I need to put all WS references under the same proxy class.
    to do that i tried the following :

    1-- i added the <hhtpHandlers> <add verb="*",.....
    in the web.config file and from the windows app i tried to
    add web reference by accessing the .vsdisco file. what
    happened is : the wsdl files are added, the Reference.map
    file lists all WS BUT the Reference.vb class contains only
    one of them !!! WHY ???? how can i solve this problem??

    2-- I used the wsld.exe to create all proxy classes .
    in this case there is no proxyname.map nor .wsdl files!!

    what is the difference between the two cases?

    NB: i tried to group all classes (second solution) in a
    class library and reference it to the windows project , i
    run it and tried to change the source web service project.
    then evry thing is fine. what do you think about this idea.

    thanks in advance.

    WS_New, Sep 22, 2003