Web Services on a Windows 2000 IIS 5.x ASP.Net 1.1 works fine but not on 2003

Mufasa

I have web services that have been running fine for 8-9 months. It's hosted
on a Windows 2000 machine with IIS 5.x ASP.Net 1.1.

I moved them to a Windows 2003 server with IIS 6.x ASP.Net 1.1 and suddenly
it's chewing up memory. On the old machine, aspnet_wp.exe would grow but
would level out at about 40MB of memory used. On the new machine, it just
keeps growing and growing.

Anybody got any suggestions on things to look at?

TIA - Jeff.

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Mufasa,

The only way to understad is profile your web app or to make the memory dump
of your pool and scrutinize it

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

M> I have web services that have been running fine for 8-9 months. It's
M> hosted on a Windows 2000 machine with IIS 5.x ASP.Net 1.1.
M>
M> I moved them to a Windows 2003 server with IIS 6.x ASP.Net 1.1 and
M> suddenly it's chewing up memory. On the old machine, aspnet_wp.exe
M> would grow but would level out at about 40MB of memory used. On the
M> new machine, it just keeps growing and growing.
M>
M> Anybody got any suggestions on things to look at?
M>
M> TIA - Jeff.

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Mufasa,

The only way to understand is profile your web app or to make the memory