Web Setup Package : How to include aspx in msi?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=, Apr 2, 2004.

  1. Hi

    I developed a web application and want to create the setup package msi file

    I created a a project and chose "Installer Web Project"

    I set the URL to be http://localhost:808

    I chose all needed output project dll files.

    I built it in release mode

    There are setup.msi and setup.exe files under Release folder

    However, the msi seems does not includes aspx pages and image files because the file size is extremely small and not allow to include all images

    Then, I add files by choosing aspx pages. e.g. wwwroot/webapp/admin/test.aspx.

    I cannot choose the admin folder and get the aspx file. It requires to browse to the text.aspx

    I have over 100 aspx pages, it is impossible for me to do it one by one

    My question is how to include aspx pages and image files to .msi

    Thanks for help

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=, Apr 2, 2004

  2. Hi, Tom,

    When you right-click the setup project and choose Add->Project choose not
    only the primary output but the content files too.

    Hope this helps
    Martin

    Martin Dechev, Apr 2, 2004