web site architecture with membership login controls

brown

We started an asp.net 2.0 web site with the new login controls. It seems
like the Membership and MembershipUser functionality is attached to the web
site, so all the web pages for the site will have to be in the same project,
in this correct? We are using the asp.net web application project model
instead of the new asp.net 2.0 web site model based on folders. We'd like to
just use the built in Membership and MembershipUser help and not have to
write custom classes.

We want to break up the code so that different parts of the site could be in
different projects. But many of these parts require a login first and we
want to use all the membership's automatic features. Just seems like we'll
have a gigantic project that won't be conducive to a team approach. Of
course there will be other class libraries which will help.

So using the new membership functionality requires all pages be in the same
project? Are there alternatives to this approach? Does the new asp.net 2.0
web site approach handle this situation better?

thanks for any input to this rambling query...