Web User control and Marshelling b/w client browser and web server(database).

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Al, Dec 5, 2003.

  1. Al

    Al Guest

    hi, I am new to asp.net. I have a question about
    Marshelling b/w client browser and web server(database). I
    heared that it is better to minimize going back and forth
    b/w client browser and the server.This will increase
    performance and improve scallability.
    With asp.net, using server controls. It seems every action
    at the client browser require a trip to the server, for
    instance, page_load ( to fill combo boxes), or the event
    of the combo boxes to fill other dependant combo box. or
    when using the server validation controls.
    What I am trying to get into is that how come asp.net
    development favour using web server controls
    [runat="server] even when there is cost (lots of
    marshelling b/w client browser and the server)
    Or my thinking is wrong.
    I would appreciate your feedback to make things clear to
    me.
    thanks
    Al

    Al, Dec 5, 2003